Applying to VSC in just a few steps
1. So you think you want to serve?
Awesome! How do you want to serve? What kind of commitment are you willing to make?
Look over programs that offer the things you’re looking for… working with marginalized populations, living in community, the AmeriCorps education reward, loan deferment, a fun West Coast City…
Are you ready to apply to VSC yet?
2. Click on several of the hidden Apply Now buttons and fill out the form below. Click “Submit.” We promise a real human being will receive it and respond with the application.
3. You have the application. Now what?
Start by sending us your professional and personal reference list. Why? It can take a long time for folks who know you to write about the stellar things you’ve done.
Contact your school(s) and arrange to have all undergraduate and graduate transcripts sent to us.
Tell us a little more about yourself. There are no right or wrong answers. Just some honesty and a better picture of who you are.
Send us your resume.
Fill out your top three service site interests. This helps us with placement sites. Most volunteers will be placed in their top choices. BUT sometimes God has other plans and asks you to step out of your box and into a tetrahedral.
4. We’ve Got Mail! Looks like your completed application has been received. Now we need to set up a telephone interview.
5. You will be notified within a week of your acceptance. Should you choose to accept this mission, then the placement site will be made jointly by you, the VSC staff, and the site administrator.
Deadlines: EXTENDED DEADLINE. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Although our Early Application deadline has passed, there are still many wonderful placement sites available in LA and San Francisco! Early Applicants will be offered positions at their preferred placement sites on a rolling basis. Early Applications are due by February 1, 2015.
To begin the application process, please complete the form below. You will hear from us within a few days, at which time we will send you a formal application.
TO THE APPLICANT: The Vincentian Service Corps follows a policy of equal opportunity for all and therefore recruits and places persons of all service classifications without discrimination on the basis on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law.